Tästä on tarkoitus tulla senverran kovempi mimmi, ettei moista kannata yrittää.
Projekti alkoi kesällä 2013. Teimme rankkaa kylppäriremppaa, ja pitääkseni oman pääni koossa, tein tauolla varapään kanaverkosta. Siitä tuli suht hyvä, joten tein sille vielä vartalon. Omastani en ottanut mallia.
Hello everybody and welcome! In this blog I will tell you about my multiple projects. First, I will introduce this garden statue. I am new to this sort of thing, so bare with me. We were remodelling the bathroom summer of 2013, so to keep my head straight, I made a spare one of chicken wire. I figured it needed a body better than my own, so here it is.
|Siinä se nukkuu tulevalla paikallaan.|
I used polyurethane to fill her up. The kind you use to insulate windows.
Toxic Manilta tai joltain, joka kärsii pahasta selluliittiongelmasta. Tähän ei auta kuin puukko.
Now it looks like cellulite stricken monster. This one needs a knife pretty badly.
Next thing is wrapping her up in another layer of chicken wire. The concrete or whatever needs something to grab on. The face had to be hacked off.
Betonina käytin Vetonit C30. Se olisi pitänyt sekoittaa vispilällä, mutta sekoitin tikulla ja kauhalla. Hyvin sekoittui.
Now it´s time continue the DIY garden statue project. These three tools were affordable. I used Vetonit C30, and mixed it with a spatula and a stick.
At this poin I thought this is not going to end well- The concrete had too much water. I had to leave the face totally unfinished for the time being.
This stuff is thick enough to do the job.
I decided to work the bottom half first. I assume this will stabilize the statue, and give me more freedom to work with the more visible half.
Now there is a newspaper-filled tortoise too, as if this wast enough. The kids are making the turtle.
Alla näkyvä 9 vuotias tyttäreni osoittautui taitavaksi muovailijaksi. Hän teki hienompaa jälkeä kuin minä ja hallitsi hienosti ihmisen muodot.
My 9 yo daughter turned out to be a brilliant sculptor, who ended up teaching me.
35 kilos af vetonit-stuff gone so far. I hope she will not crack when I tip her over.
As soon as I woke up, I moved the maiden to her final resting place (in a non-ominous way). Her knees and wrist broke a little, but nothing too serious.
Now I had to cover the yellow parts, it was tricky because of gravity, but you learn as you try and fail. The face puzzled me for a while, because the concrete kept falling off of it.
At this point the camera´s facial recognition started working, so it resembles a human, yay!
I scraped the moss and succulend plants to kingdom come and made her this sort of flowy hair thing.
Not quite finished. Still needs some concrete in hard to reach places. Some sanding needs to be done, and perhaps I will paint it a little darker.
Betoninainen on nyt kuivunut.
I can see now, that her face has kind of dissappeared, because of the very light colour of the concrete. So perhaps I have to paint her after the final layer and sanding. I haven´t sculpted a face since I was a kid (using Play-Doh), so I am not very skilled in bone structure etc. I have to create some shadows using paint.
Ehkä se on sittenkin valmis.
Maby she is finshed afterall.